Feeding Australia, Fairly
Farmers across the country are working hard to feed Australia fairly, but they are not being given a fair go.
What is not fair are the negative impacts on Australian farmers of cheap imports, centralized market control, overly-burdensome regulations and the rampant expansion of the fracking industry. It’s a tough time to be an Australian farmer.
Fair Food Farmers United is a platform to connect, support and provide a united voice for farmers feeding Australia fairly.
Why join FFFU?
- be part of the voice advocating for a viable future for farmers
- benefit from farmer-to-farmer knowledge-exchange and networking through online and offline forums
- belong to a collaborative farmer community
- benefit from regular communications: a membership e-list / a dedicated Twitter account / e-news / blog page
- place your farm profile on the AFSA website and help build a listing of members by region
- enjoy regional and local connections with potential customers
- connect to the national and global fair food movement
Free-range rare breed pig farmer Tammi Jonas of Jonai Farms, Eganstown, Victoria, explains why the time has come for Fair Food Farmers United.Download media release of the launch of Fair Food Farmers United, 3 March 2014 (pdf 861KB)
Fair Food Farmers United aims to:
- provide a balanced voice to represent farmers who are at the sharp end of the impacts of free trade
- raise awareness about the impacts of cheap imports on farmers
- advocate for fair pricing for farmers selling to the domestic market
- connect Australian farmers for farmer-to-farmer knowledge sharing
- be a voice for farmer-friendly regulations and standards.
Our members are ‘natural’ people, not corporations, who — alone or with partners or family — provide 80 percent of the labour on their farm (excluding seasonal work like picking or shearing) and sell into the domestic market.
This is an eligibility requirement for membership.
PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPALClick here to become a Farmer Member — one year payment
PAY BY DIRECT DEPOSITClick here to become a Farmer Member by Direct Deposit
PAY BY CHEQUEClick here to become a Farmer Member by cheque
Links and resources
Recent media coverage of the Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance